Master Lock 498A OSHA Portable Red Group Lock Box
498A - Portable Red Group Lock Box by Master Lock (No Padlock Included)
Innovative patented cable lockouts and lock boxes offer efficient multipoint and group safety compliance.
Lockout-tagout (LO/TO) safety procedures, as defined by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), require that lockout devices be durable and standardized. Lockout devices use color, warning labels or tags, and a physical barrier to temporarily prohibit machine operation or power activation, and reduce accidents, during maintenance or repair. Lockout hasps are often used to secure energy sources in the off position during maintenance or repair when multiple workers are on the job. They consist of one shackle that can be locked closed by one or more padlocks, providing the ability to use multiple padlocks in a place where only one shackle will fit.
Features and Benefits:
- Secure each lockout point on a piece of equipment with just one designated lock.
- Capture the keys from those lockout points by placing them in the lock box.
- Each authorized employee locks one personal safety lock onto the box, removing them only when their work is complete.
- Exclusive Latch Tight feature ensures that keys cannot be accessed until the last lock is removed.
- Lockout message on box is in three languages - English, Spanish, and French.
- Durable powder-coated red finish with an easy-to-grip, ergonomic handle.
- Lockout message in English, Spanish and French communicates to all workers.
- Accommodates up to 12 workers, more with the use of lockout hasps.