2740B Mechanical Combination Lock by Sargent & Greenleaf
Sargent and Greenleaf safe locks have been protecting the assets of banks, businesses and governments for more than 150 years. The S&G® 2740B lock represents the latest design advances to produce an electromechanical lock specifically engineered to secure GSA approved containers.
Advanced electromechanical security. The S&G® 2740B lock is engineered and manufactured ot meet the highest security standards of the US Government for the protection of clasified materials.
Easy to install. The S&G® 2740B uses S&G's "Magic Module" footprint to conform to the default industry standard for case size and mounting screw locations. This translates into easy installation on new containers and headache-free retrofits on existing units by eliminating the need for mounting plate or boltwork modifications. In addition, the 2740B has a bolt throw of .461 inch to accommodate the boltwork of some older GSA containers, and the lock bolt is even drilled and tapped to match most bolt extensions currently in use.
Spy-Proof Dial. This security enhancing feature is standard with the S&G® 2740B lock. It restricts the area of the dial that can be viewed to a small band of numbers at the very top, making it extremely difficult for anyone other than the operator to view the numbers being dialed.
One-Handed Operation. Even with its enhanced security features, the Model 2740B is easy to operate. It uses the familiar left-right-left dialing procedure, and allows direct dialing to numbers. There's no need to count turns of the dial. This makes the 2740B the fastest lock to dial, hands-down.
Rugged Construction. The Federal Specification requires the lock bolt to withstand 600 pounds of force. The S&G® 2740B lock easily meets this figure to provide extra protection against brute force attacks.
The support of the industry leader. S&G is one of the world's largest manufacturers of high-security safe and vault locks, with one of the broadest arrays of locks available. Our safe locks are recognized as industry standard, unsurpassed in quality. We provide excellence in all areas - from our ISO 9001, UL®, and other worldwide certifications to our experienced customer service staff. We proudly stand behind all of our products with one of the best warranties in the industry.
Features and Benefits:
- Advanced electromechanical design that offers an exceptional level of security in an easy-to-operate safe lock.
- Familiar left-right-left dialing sequence combined with direct-dial technology for fast, easy openings.
- Twenty man-hours resistance to expert manipulation.
- Built-in thermal protection provided by an integral thermal relock component.
- Simplified installation process significantly decreases installation time and reduces the likelihood of errors and damage to parts.
- Designed to the stringent requirements of Federal Specification FF-L-2740B.
- Change key for quick, easy combination changing is included with each lock.
- Stainless steel lock bolt is strong enough to resist 600 lbs. of force.
- Single User and Dual Control modes of operation are selectable and changeable at any time.
- The lock case uses S&G's "Magic Module" footprint and .461 inch bolt throw for ease of retrofit on existing containers.
- The use of internal batteries allows for a straightforward, robust lock design.