4410 Hold Open Institutional Door Closer by Yale Hardware
Yale's 4400 Series Institutional Door Closers offer customers the ideal combination of superior performance, quality and strength. With new pinion and piston materials, improved valve design, and staked valves, the clsoers are the most efficient, dependable closers in the industry. The addition of a size 1-6 spring for the 4400 also simplifies the process of specifying and ordering product.
Typical Applications: Recommended for interior or exterior doors in facilties that demand reliability such as schools, office buildings, hospitals, department stores and airports.
Features and Benefits:
- Tri-packed (regular arm, top jamb, and parallel arm mounting).
- Hold Open.
- Cast aluminum body.
- Exceeds 25 million cycles.
- Adjustable spring sizes 1 through 6 (ADA Compliant).
- Rack and pinion design.
- Staked valves.
- 1-1/2" (38mm) diameter piston.
- 5/8" (16mm) diameter pinion journals.
- 2-1/8" (54mm) projection (standard covers).
- All standard arm applications allow doors to swing 180°, conditions permitting.
- Available in Aluminum (689) and Dark Bronze (690) finish.
- ANSI/BHMA A156.4, Grade 1 certified.
- UL/cUL listed for use on fire rated doors.
- UL10C listed for positive pressure fire test.
- 4400 door closers are designed to comply with requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ANSI standard A117.1.
- Manufactured in an ISO 9001, ISO 14001 facility.
Hold Open: Achieved by means of friction or ball and detent/roller. Friction hold open has a range of 90° to 180° using template location and mechanical adjustment.
Rack & Pinion Operation: Provides a smooth constant control of the door through its full opening and closing cycle. 180° door swing can be achieved when door, frame, hardware and arm function do not interfere.
Non-handed: With few exceptions all 4400 series door closers ar enon-handed and can be installed on either right or left-hand swing doors. Pinion shaft extends vertically through the closer body in both directions.
Tri-Style: 4400 series come with screws, brackets and soffit plates to allow for regular, top jamb, and parallel arm installations.
Adjustable Backcheck Cushion Valve: Provides control of the doro in the opening cycle, beginning at approximately 75° of door opening. It slows/cushions the door opening when the door is forcibly opened beyond its pre-adjusted limits.