QEL-99EO (Exit Only) - Rim Exit Device by Von Duprin
Quiet electric latch retraction (QEL) provides electronic control of an exit device for environments where limited operational noise is desired. The QEL option is Von Duprin's solution of choice for hospitals, libraries, museums and theaters where ambient noise can be disruptive. Exit only, no outside operation. Trim sold separately.
These devices always provide mechanical egress. The electrified latch retraction can also be activated by an access sytem or building automation system to unlatch the exit device momentarily. Often the QEL is used with a credential reader and access control system to unlock the door momentarily for authorized users.
The QEL can also be configured to electronically retract the latch for an extended period of time to allow free entry. This is a convenient alternative to mechanical dogging.
The Von Duprin 98 & 99 Rim exit device for all types of single and double doors with mullion, UL listed for panic exit hardware. Devices are ANSI A156.3 - 2001 Grade 1. The 98 has a smooth mechanism case and the 99 has a grooved case.
The Von Duprin 99-Series includes a fluid damper decelerates the pushpad on its return stroke and eliminates most noise associated with exit device operations.
Features and Benefits:
- Exit Only function - Trim not included.
- Covers stock hollow metal doors with 86 or 161 cutouts on single doors.
- Strike - 299 - Dull Black.
- For all types of single and double doors with mullion.
- For doors 1-3/4" or 2-1/4" thick.
- Device Functions - Ship ready for all functions; EO, DT, NL, TP, L.
- Dogging Feature - Hex key dogging standard.
- Available in Sprayed Aluminum (SP28), Sprayed Dark Bronze (SP313) & Satin Chrome (26D) finish.
- ANSI A156.3, 2001, Grade 1.
- UL listed for Panic Exit Hardware.
- 3 ft. device fit doors 28" to 36". 4 ft device fits door 34" to 48".
- Latch Bolt - Deadlocking, 3/4" throw.
- Device Centerline from Finished Floor - 39-13/16", 39-11/16" with mullion.
- Center Case Dimensions - 8" x 2-3/4" x 2-3/8".
- Mechanism Case Dimensions - 2-1/4" x 2-1/4".
- Projection Pushbar Neutral - 3-13/16", Pushbar Depressed - 3-1/16".
Quiet Latch Retraction:
- QEL option available on all 98/99, 94/95 and 33A/35A series exit devices.
- Energy efficient motorized latch retraction utilizes standard 2 amp power supply, enabling longer wire runs from power source.
- Quiet operation in both mechanical and electronic states.
- Modular design allows for a simplified installation.
- On-board installation and troubleshooting diagnostics built into device.
- Auto adjust latch retraction - automatically adjusts latch throw and pull.
- Pushbar is pulled in electronically for quiter operation when dogged.
- Vandal resistant - detects and responds to events of attack and tampering.
Exit Trim Option:
990DT (Dummy Trim): Pull when dogged.
990NL (Night Latch Trim): Key retracts latchbolt. Rim cylinder not included.
990TP (Thumbpiece Trim): Key locks & unlocks. Rim cylinder not included.
996L (Entrance Lever Trim): Key locks & unlocks lever. Rim cylinder not included.
** All Von Duprin Exit Device Trims are sold Less Cylinder. For matching cylinders see "Companion Items" above.**
Special Order Information: For pricing on any finish or non-standard option of the Von Duprin 99 Series Exit Devices not found on this page please contact Taylor Security direct via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us toll-free at 1-800-676-7670.