5610 Powermatic Low Energy Pull Side Door Operator by Norton
The Norton 5600 Series, a member of the Powermatic® family of Operators, offers functionality and control at an affordable price. Ideal for retrofit applications, the 5600 Series converts interior, non-fire rated doors for ADA compliance easily and affordably and provides a simple way to achieve touchless enivronments in public restrooms. Available for push or pull mounting, this unit can be operated manually or activated by wall switches, or radio frequency devices. Easy to install, set-up and adjust, the 5600 Series is perfect for ADA-compliant offices, classrooms and dorm rooms, and touch free applications like public restrooms, labs and examination rooms.
Features and Benefits:
- Pull side mounting.
- Quiet operation.
- Electrically controlled backcheck, sweep and latch.
- Activation options: wall switches (8610) or radio frequency devices (8610-RF1)
- Ease of installation and set-up.
- On/Off Switch.
- Hold open options: 0-30 seconds (5 seconds minimum required for ADA and ANSI/BHMA A156.19).
- Onboard 24VDC (1.1A) power supply for accessories.
- Door closer mode for manual usage.
- Electronic motor dampening - provides feel of high performance, manual door closer.
- Electric hardware and access control interface.
- Available in Aluminum (689) finish.
Applications: Hospitals, Universities & Office Buildings.
- Smooth operation; efficient, powerful, heavy-duty.
- Easier to open than rack-and-pinion door closers with track arms.
- Slide track application with regular arm operating efficiency.
- Slid track standard.
- Adjustable spring size 1 through 6.
- Cast aluminum body.
- Adjustable closing force.
- Adjustable closing and latching speed.
- Backcheck standard.
Operators for interior doors shall be products of one manufacturer and be matched in style. Operator (non-fire rated doors) closing force shall be adjustable to ensure adequate closing control and shall simulate conventional door closer opening and closing forces unless the power operator motor is activated or in the event of a power outage to the operator. Operators shall be non-handed and have electrically controlled backcheck, sweep, and latch with manual adjustment to set both the full open and full closed door positions. Maximum door open shall be adjustable up to 95°, pull side mounting, conditions permitting. Operators can be SELECTIVELY ACTIVATED (i.e. external wall switches, radio frequency devices). Operators shall have input line rating of 120VAC, .6A, and include on board relay contact for interfacing with products having a rating of 24VDC at 1A. Door operators shall include an external On/Off Switch to defeat powered opening cycle and an internal circuit breaker switch to interrupt input power for servicing. Operators shall be ETL certified and conform to ANSI/U.L. standard 325 for automatic closing doors. Door operators shall be in compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ANSI/BHMA standard A117.1.
Additional Detailed Specifications
When activated, the door operator shall, by means of an integral motor, power open the door at both a speed and force adjustable to meet accessibility codes. The door shall be powered from a door closed position to a full door open position and remain in momentary hold open for 0 to 30 seconds (adjustable 0 to 30 seconds); (A.D.A requires 5 seconds minimum hold open). Operators shall be capable of allowing the door to be opened manually from 0 to 95°, conditions permitting. Once door operator reaches full hold open position, if reinitiated, the momentary hold open time shall restart from the initially set hold open time. If door operator is initiated during the closing cycle, the operator shall revert to opening cycle beginning at that door position. Obstruction detection during opening shall neutralize and reverse motor action reverting motor to closed position allowing door to close by mean of the integral motor. The obstruction detection feature shall be integral to the door operator. During closing cycle, the door operator shall close door by means of integral motor power not to exceed a closing force of 15 lbf. In the event of power loss, the door will remain in the position at the time of the power loss during the opening or the closing cycles.
- Power Input: 120 VAC, 60Hz.
- Current draw: .6A.
- Relay Output: SPDT.
- Normally Open/normally closed (jumper).
- For electric strike function.
- ANSI / BHMA A156.19 Certified.
- ETL certified; conforms to ANSI/UL standard 325 for automatic closing doors.
- Comply with requirements for the Americans with disabilities Act (A.D.A).
- This product is manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility.