** Use Promo Code "DECO" save 5% on select Residential Door Hardware Brands ** $99 Free Shipping!!
The Birmingham Lever is part of the Schlage F-Series
- Select Function: Passage, Privacy, Keyed Entry, or Single Dummy.
- Select Finish: See Finish Swabs below.
- Delivery: The Schlage Birmingham Lever is in stock and available to ship.
Birmingham Lever by Schlage F-Series
The Schlage Birmingham is a Grade 2 lever that is part of the Schlage F-Series Collection. Ornately styled, sparing no attention to detail.
- Applications: Residential single-and multi-family doors.
- Certifications: ANSI A156.2, 1996, Series 4000 Grade 2.
- Schlage has transitioned their FA series knobs and levers to the F Series. This item NOW comes with the Georgian rosettes.
- Interior screws are not concealed.
- Easy 3-step installation, only a screwdriver needed.
- Quality materials and construction for exceptional security.
- Quality finishes coordinate with plumbing and lighting.
Function: The Schlage Birmingham Lever is available in Passage (F10 BIR), Privacy (F40 BIR), Keyed Entry (F51A BIR), and Single Dummy (F170 BIR) function.
Finish: The Schlage Birmingham Lever comes in Satin Nickel (619), Polished Chrome (625), and Aged Bronze (716) finish.
Handing: The Schlage Birmingham Lever is a non-handed (reversible) lever.
All Schlage Locks come standard with Round Corner Adjustable Latch (RCAL) and Round Corner Strike (RCS).
All Schlage Locks come standard with Drive-in Collars needed to convert standard latches into the drive-in function.
If you require Square Corner Strikes (SCS) please order from our Door Strikes Section.
If you require Square Corner Latches (SCAL) please order from our Latches Section.
Door Range: 1-3/8" - 1-3/4" (35mm - 44mm).
Backset: Dual Backset Latch; adjustable for 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" backset.
Strike: 1-5/8" x 2-1/4" Radius Corner Faceplate, 7/8" Housing Diameter, 1/2" Throw, Round Corner.
- Passage (Hall & Closet): Both levers always unlocked.
- Privacy (Bedroom & Bathroom): Pushbutton Locking. Can be opened from outside with small circular tool. Turning inside lever releases button.
- Keyed Entry (Entrance): Unlocked by key from outside when outer lever is locked by turn-button in inside lever.
- Half Dummy (Dummy Trim): Single-sided surface-mounted Dummy Trim for one side of door. Used for door pull or as matching inactive trim.
* For F51A BIR Entry Locks Only:
Cylinder: 5-Pin, Schlage "C" Keyway (SC1), Keyed Different (KD).
- Pin & Tumbler (Standard)
Keying Options: See "Keying" for the following keying options on the F51A BIR Entry Lever:
- Keyed Alike: 1 key works all locks.
- Master Keyed: Locks are Keyed Different (KD) with 2 keys per lock, 1 Master Key opens all locks.
- Construction Key: PK.
Instructions & Templates
Click on the links below to download helpful instructions & templates for this product.
Schlage Birmingham (BIR) Lever
Download Door Prep Template
Download Installation Instructions
Schlage Privacy/Passage Lock Door Prep Checklist:
Schlage Privacy/Passage Lock Easy Installation Video: