** Use Promo Code "DECO" save 5% on select Residential Door Hardware Brands ** $99 Free Shipping!!
The 8500 Series Door Closer - "Architectural Door Closer"
- Select Finish: Aluminum (689), Dark Bronze (690), Dull Bronze (691) or Gold (696).
- Delivery: The Norton 8501BF-689 & 8501BF-690 Door Closers are In Stock and Available to Ship.
8501BF Series Door Closer by Norton
The 8000 Series Door Closers offer the ideal combination of appearance, reliability and durability in today's market. With features such as staked valves, precise valve adjustment and a complete range of arm and cover options, this closer can meet virtually any application challenge.
The Norton 8501 Series Closers for interior and exterior doors shall be full rack-and-pinion type with cast aluminum alloy shell. Closers shall be surface mounted and shall project no more than 2-1/8" from the surface of the door. Closers shall be non-handed to permit installation on doors of either hand. Closer fluid shall contain lubicity and anti-oxidation agents. Closer fluid shall maintain stable viscosity to allow door closer to perform in tempatures ranging from extremely high to as low as -40°F. Closers shall have multi-size spring power adjustment to permit setting of spring from Size 1 through Size 6. Closers shall have two non-critical valves, hex key adjusted, to independently regulate sweep and latch speed. Closers shall have adjustable backcheck intensity controlled by a hex key adjusted valve.
Door Closer Power Options:
8501: The 8501 Series is a Multi-Sized Door Closer that is adjustable through the power range of sizes 1 through 6.
Features and Benefits:
- Exceeds 10 million cycles (witnessed and verified by UL).
- Shipped with full plastic cover.
- Staked valves.
- Rack-and-pinion design.
- Cast aluminum body.
- 2-1/8" (54mm) projection (standard covers).
- 1-1/4" (32mm) diameter piston.
- 5/8" (16mm) diameter pinion journals.
- Standard, separate and independent, latch, sweep and backcheck intensity valves.
- Tri-Style packaging (regular arm, top jamb and parallel arm mounting).
- All standard arm applications allow doors to swing 180°, conditions permitting.
- Full size template.
- Available in Aluminum (689), Dark Bronze (690), Dull Bronze (691) & Gold (696) finish.
Aluminum Alloy Housing: Closer bodies are constructed of a special aluminum alloy, carefully selected to accommodate interaction with steel components and operating conditions.
Rack & Pinion Operation: Provides a smooth constant control of the door through its full opening and closing cycle. 180-Degree door swing can be achieved when door, frame, hardware and arm function do not limit door swing.
Non-handed: 8501 closers are non-handed and can be installed on either right- or left-hand swing doors. Pinion shafts extend vertically through the closer body in both directions.
Sweep Speed Control Valve: Allows adjustments of door speed from the door's full position down to approximately 10-degrees from the closed position.
Latch Speed Control Valve: Allows adjustments of door speed from approximately 10-degrees down to the door's fully closed position.
Tri-Style: All 8501 Series Closers come with screws, brackets & soffit plate to allow for regular, top jamb & parallel arm installations.
Adjustable Backcheck Cushion Valve: Provides control of the door in the opening cycle, beginning at approximately 75-degrees of door opening. It slows/cushions the door opening, when the door is forcibly opened beyond its pre-adjusted opening speed limits.
Door Closer Cover: All Norton 8501 Series Closers come with full plastic cover. For slim-line plastic cover see the Norton 8301 Series Door Closer.
- Delivery: The Norton 8501BF-689 & 8501BF-690 Door Closers are In Stock and Available to Ship. Please allow 2-4 working days' lead time on all other finishes.
Instructions & Templates
Click on the links below to download helpful instructions & templates for this product.
Schlage Commercial 8500 Door Closers
Download 8501 Installation Instructions
Download 8501 Door Preparation Template
Download 8500 Series Catalog