DE8310 - Delayed Egress Electromagnetic Lock by RCI
The Delayed Egress Electromagnetic Lock is an All-in-One delayed egress lock with a built-in sensor that detects pressure applied to outward swinging doors. Built-in sounder, voice and CCTV monitoring combinations make this ideal for applications requiring Loss Prevention, Life Safety and Traffic Control.
The DE8310 is unique in that there is no need to replace existing door hardware making this an easy and affordable delayed egress solution.
Applications: Used for Health Care Facilities, Retail & Wholesale Centers, Airports, Public Transit Buildings, Museums & Galleries.
Features and Benefits:
- All-in-One delayed egress lock.
- Built-in "sensor" detects when pressure is applied to outward swinging doors - No need to replace existing door hardware.
- Field selectable 15 or 30 second release delay with field selectable 0 to 3 second nuisance delay.
- Provision for IBC, SBC, NFPA101, UBC, BOCA or NBC of Canada compliance.
- Unique highly visible "Red/Green" light panel indicates status of door (local).
- Available with built-in sounder, voice and CCTV monitoring combinations.
- Camera comes with BNC and RCA video outputs.
- Includes 960 Keyswitch for reset and override, 15 second Building Code Sign; base unit includes external sounder.
- Built-in Security Condition Sensor (SCS) feature indicates that the door is closed and bonded.
- Dry contact SPDT and DPDT relays provided for local and/or remote monitoring.
- Auto sensing voltage from 12 to 24VDC.
- Up to 1200 lbs (540kg) holding force.
Plus! Standard MultiMag Features Included:
- Easy Installation:
- Adjustable keyhole mounting.
- Convenient plug-in wiring terminals.
- Easy-access wiring cavity.
- Encapsulated 4-bolt "Drop-Stop" mounting.
- Self-drilling tek™ fasteners.
Holding Force: [Up to 1200 lbs]
With Camera: 12VDC - Max 0.79A / 24VDC - Max 0.39A
With Voice/or Sound: 12VDC - Max 0.66A / 24VDC - Max 0.33A
Base Unit: 12VDC - Max 0.61A / 24VDC - Max 0.32A
Operating Temperature: +14 to +140F [-10 to +60C] Not for use in outdoor environments
Nuisance Delay: This feature is designed to accommodate accidental triggering. A pull to the door with a minimum of 15 lbs of force changes the light panel from green to red and triggers the local alarm relay. If the pressure is withdrawn within 1, 2, or 3 seconds (as set by the dip switches 2 and 3 in Installation Instructions), the system will return to normal. If the nuisance period is set to 0 (0 seconds is no nuisance period) removing pressure will not stop alarm.
15 Second Alarm Period: If pressure on the door is maintained for more than the selected nuisance period (1, 2, or 3), the remote alarm relay will activate, the local alarm relay remains on and the light panel continues to flash red. After 15 seconds, the local and remote alarm relay will remain in its de-activated state until the lock has been reset, but the light pnael will continue to blink indicating attempted break-in has occurred to the EW magnet.
Light Panel: This full length feature is a highly visible red and green status indicator.
Note: All installations must be approved by the Local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Delivery: The RCI DE8310S is in stock and available to ship. Please allow 3-5 business day lead time on other functions.