AL3 - Electromechanical Active Latch by RCI
The AL3 forms the electro-mechanical heart of an electronic lock or access control system. Instead of a solenoid or motor, the active latch mechanism delivers responsive electronic control with ultra-low power consumption.
Applications: Buildings, Hotels, Lockers & Cabinets.
Features and Benefits:
- An extremely compact integrated mechanism, ready to be implemented into a range of applications.
- Instead of a solenoid or motor, the active latch mechanism delivers responsive electronic control with ultra-low power consumption.
- Easy to integrate into a range of modern lock systems.
- Durable and reliable with only a few moving parts, the mechanism operates for more than 1 million cycles.
- Exceeds the requirements of the ANSI and BSI.
- The compact design fits into door leaves and standard hole size, ideally suited for lockers and cabinets.
- Ideally suited where space contraints and power is crucial in the design.
- Extended battery life significantly reduces maintenance costs and improves reliability.
- Virtually silent activation permits very discrete operation of the lock.
- Voltage: 3.3-6.5VDC. Current: 180mA. Duty: Continuous.
Toggle Mode (T): Will toggle between a locked an unlocked state for every single sent to the trigger wire. With 3.6VDC applied all of the time, a contact closure between the trigger wire and ground will cause the AL3 to change states. I.e. go from locked to unlocked or vice versa.