EX89 Pullman Rim Exit Device by Adams Rite
The EX89 Pullman Rim Exit Device is designed for narrow stile aluminum applications that require a life-safety exit device. The EX89 features a 3/4" Pullman latch bolt that is compatible with the Adms Rite 74R1 Electric Strike for narrow stile aluminum applications.
When the door closes, the Pullman latchbolt nests inside the strike assembly and the smaller deadlatch rests on the strike assembly activating the deadlatching feature. When the active pushbar is depressed, both the Pullman latchbolt and the smaller deadlatch are retracted, allowing the door to open. Exit device capable of opening under 20 lbs preload. Designed for use on single doors, or with mullion on pairs of doors. Suitable for low, medium and high traffic areas on aluminum, hollow metal and wood applications.
Features and Benefits:
- Modern, contoured design with matching metal end caps.
- Tested to over 1,000,000 cycles to ensrue durability in high-use applications.
- Rim Exits meet ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 standards and are capable of operating under preload.
- Available in Clear Anodized (628) and Dark Bronze Anodized (313) finish.
Push Bar Length
Standard sizes dimensioned for 36" [914.4 mm], 42" [1,066.8 mm], and 48" [1,219.2 mm] openings.
- Impact bumpers to reduce noise from the initial device activation.
- Return control to dampen the sound and control the device returning to its resting state.
- Horizontal and vertical guides decrease the scrapng sound of the active push bar on the static back bar.
Minimum 2" stile. Fits ultra-narrow, narrow, medium and wide stile aluminum doors.
Standard dogging with 3/16" hex key.
Select standard 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter rim cylinder such as the 8736 Rim Cylinder. Available separately.
2-1/2" when fully projected, 1-3/4" when dogged.
- Suitable for use with all door thickness.
- May be used with trim on 1-3/4" thick doors, up to 2-1/4" door thickness.
- When cylinders are required, select rim cylinder length based upon door thickness.
Active pushbar and back bar made of extruded aluminum. Matching metal angled end caps.