406 - Thermoplastic Non-Conductive, Non-Magnetic, Non-Sparking Safety Padlock by Master Lock
Optimal safety padlocks are designed exclusively for Lockout/Tagout by Safety Directors. Distinctive thermoplastic safety padlock is durable, standardized, substantial and identifiable for OSHA 1910.147 compliance. Stands up to chemicals, temperature extremes, and is UV stable.
Lockout-tagout (LO/TO) safety procedures, as defined by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), require that lockout devices be durable and standardized. Lockout devices use color, warning labels or tags, and a physical barrier to temporarily prohibit machine operation or power activation, and reduce accidents, during maintenance or repair. Lockout hasps are often used to secure energy sources in the off position during maintenance or repair when multiple workers are on the job. They consist of one shackle that can be locked closed by one or more padlocks, providing the ability to use multiple padlocks in a place where only one shackle will fit.
Features and Benefits:
- 1/4" diameter, 1-1/2" tall nylon shackle with thermoplastic composite plastic body.
- Plastic shackle helps prevent electrocution and arc flashing, also prevents electrical current from shackle to key.
- All components are non-sparking and non-magnetic - plastic, copper, and brass.
- Designed exclusively for Lockout/Tagout applications.
- Shackle withstands over 300 lb pull force.
- Temperature tested from -50°F to 350°F.
- 6-pin tumbler cylinder - Over 40,000 unique safety key codes available.
- Durable, lightweight, non-conductive thermoplastic lock body.
- Compliance with OSHA "one employee, one lock, one key" directive.
- Key Retaining - ensures that padlock is not left unlocked.
- Ideal for confined spaces, medical, military, mining and electrical lockout.
- Available in assortment of eight colors: black, blue, green, orange, purple, red, teal, and yellow.
Keying Option: Choose between Keyed Different (406KD), Keyed Alike (406KA), Master Keyed (406MK), and Master Keyed & Keyed Alike (406KAMK). All No. 406 Padlocks come with 1 key (all Master Keys are Sold Separate and available under "Related Items").
Shackle: Select Shackle Size -- 1-1/2" (Standard).
Master Key: All No. 406 Master Key padlocks (406MK) will come with 1 key but Master Keys are Sold Separate. Please Click here to order additional master keys, or order Master Keys through the above "Related Items" tab.
Special Ordering: If you require the No. 406 Padlock keyed to an existing key number please leave a note in the Comments Box upon checkout (you can also immediately reply to the Confirmation E-mail with special order instructions).