4040XP EDA Door Closer by LCN
LCN"s most flexible heavy duty arm closer for a wide variety of interior applications. Its heavy duty and hold open options make this high traffic interior door closer extremely versatile for almost any specific installation circumstance. A cast iron cylinder with all weather fluid and its ability to adjust in size from 26" to 48" wide serve to further proclaim the abilites of this unit. Also, with its UL and cUL listing, meeting of ADA requirements and achieving certification under ANSI Standard A156.4, Grade 1 specifications, you can rest assured that the product is up to your specified needs and will function just as you expect.
The NEW 4040XP is LCN's most durable heavy duty closer designed for the most demanding, high use and abuse applications with 44% increased bearing load capacity, strongest pinion ever at 3/4" journal diameter and widest bearing ever at 5/8". With 16 arm options to fit your specific application, and its ability to adjust between sizes 1-6, LCN has made sure that the best in class 404XP Super Smoothee can be utilzed by everyone, almost anywhere.
* LCN has redesigned and upgraded the 4040 Series closers to the 404XP. All 4040XP closers keep the same hole pattern as the 4040 and are compatible with all existing 4040 options and accessories. The upgraded 4040XP provides an overall 44% increase in maximum load capacity and it's pinion V-Shield has 20% increased life.
The 4040XP Series includes the LCN® "Green Dial" Spring Force Indicator.
Features and Benefits:
- Cast Iron.
- Forged Steel Arm.
- Double Heat Treated Steel Pinion.
- All Weather Fluid.
- LCN Patented Green Dial.
- Peel-n-Stick Templates for Fast and Accurate Installations.
- UL & cUL Listed.
- 3/4" Journal Diameter Pinion.
- Tested and certified under ANSI Standard A156.4.
- Available in Aluminum (689), Dark Bronze (695), Brass (696) & Light Bronze (691) finish.
The 4040XP Series is UL and cUL listed for self-closing doors without hold-open. Tested and certified under ANSI Standard A156.4, grade one.
- Standard 4040XP Series closer is shipped with regular arm, standard plastic cover, and self reaming and tapping screws.
- Non-sized cylinder adjustable for interior doors to 5'0" and exterior doors to 4'0".
- Closer mounts hinge side, top jamb, and parallel arm; Handed for right (RH or LHR) or left (LH or RHR) swinging doors. Click here for Handing Diagram.
- 4040XP cylinder meets ADA requirements.
Arm Function Option:
Rw/PA (Regular Arm 4040XP-3077): Non-handed arm mounts hinge side or top jamb. Includes PA SHOE for parallel arm mounting.
Hw/PA (Hold-Open Arm 4040XP-3049): Optional, non-handed arm mounts hinge side, top jamb or parallel arm. Hold-open adjustable at shoe.
EDA (Extra Duty Arm 4040XP-3077EDA): Non-handed parallel arm features forged, solid steel main and forearm for potentially abusive installations.
CUSH (Cush-N-Stop Arm 4040XP-3077CNS): Non-handed parallel arm features solid forged steel main arm and forearm with built-in stop in soffit shoe.
HCUSH (Hold-Open Cush-N-Stop Arm 4040XP-3049CNS): Non-handed arm provides hold-open function with templated stop/hold-open points. Handle controls hold-open function.
SCUSH (Spring Cush-N-Stop Arm 4040XP-3077SCNS): Optional, non-handed parallel arm for abusive applications features solid forged steel main arm and forearm with spring loaded stop in the soffit shoe.
SHCUSH (Spring Hold-Open Cush-N-Stop Arm 4040XP-3049SNCS): Optional, non-handed parallel arm for abusive applications features solid forged steel main arm and forearm with spring loaded stop in the soffit shoe. Handle controls hold-open function.
Delivery: The LCN 4040XP-EDA-689 is in stock and available to ship. Please allow 3-5 business day lead time on other functions.
Special Order Information: For pricing on any finish or non-standard option of the LCN 4040 Series Closers not found on this page please contact Taylor Security direct via e-mail (email@example.com) or call us toll-free at 1-800-676-7670.