2670 - Guard-X Battery Operated Alarmed Exit Device by Von Duprin
Von Duprin's Guard-X provides secure, alarmed code-compliant protection for secondary exits. The Guard-X exit alarm lock readily identifies the door on which it is mounted as an emergency exit and secures the openings against unauthorized use. It is ideal for deterring theft in restaurants and retails establishments such as discount, grocery, drug, clothing and sporting goods stores. The Guard-X comes with strike, screw pack and battery.
GUARD-X is armed and disarmed by key, using a standard rim cylinder (not included). For owner convenience, it can be operated from the building exterior by a standard rim cylinder, so an authorized user can easily arm and disarm it to enter or exit the building when required. When using exterior operation, a pull trim is recommended, use 210DT or 230DT.
Features and Benefits:
- Large stainless steel deadbolt 2" x 1/2".
- For 36" - 48" door width.
- For 1-3/4" thick aluminum, hollow metal or wood door.
- The cast aluminum latch case protects the interal mechanism and resists tampering or vandalism from inside the door.
- GUARD-X does not allow relatching or resetting the alarm after an unauthorized exit, other than by an authorized person with a key.
- GUARD-X is armed and disarmed by key using a standard rim cylinder, not included.
- 100-decibel battery operated alarm standard 9-volt battery included.
- Nonhanded design.
- Available in Anodized Aluminum (US28) & Dark Bronze (313) finish.
- The armed indicator light informs the owner that the alarm is armed, and an audible low-battery alert signals the owner to replace the battery when necessary.
- GUARD-X complies with the NFPA 101® Life Safety Code "the actuating portion of which extends across at least one half of the door leaf." It is UL listed for Panic Exit Hardware (UL305).
Special Order Information: For pricing on any finish or part not found on this page please contact Taylor Security direct via e-mail (email@example.com) or call us toll-free at 1-800-676-7670.