C800 - Grade 1 Heavy-Duty Cylindrical Locksets by RCI
The C800 Series Grade 1 heavy-duty cylindrical locks provide exceptional security, enhanced aesthetics, and rugged dependability. These premium locks are built with a high performance cylindrical chassis for all applications where ANSI/BHMA A156.2 Series 4000 Grade 1 products are required. To meet the aesthetic needs of your project, these versatile locks are available in a range of levers or knob trim design.
Features and Benefits:
- C800 Series locks are easy to install in all swinging doors with ANSI/BHMA Standard A156.115 preparations for cylindrical locks.
- C800 Series lever locks are easily adjustable to accommodate doors from 1-3/4" - 2-1/4" thick without spacers.
- C800 Series knob locks will accommodate doors from 1-3/8" - 2" thick without spacers or special tools.
- Lever sets meet ADA requirements for barrier-free accessibility.
- Non-handed for simple installation (excluding LF or LV handed levers).
- Key-in-lever lock is through-bolted for additonal strength and security.
- Cast stainless steel latch retractor with roller bearings for exceptionally smooth operation and superior strength and durabilty.
- Lock chassis constructed of steel, stainless steel and zinc components for superior strength and corrosion resistance.
- Stainless steel latch bolt for superior strength.
- Auxiliary deadlocking latch bolt for strength and durability.
- Electrical requirement: 24VDC, 0.145 & 12VDC, 0.290A.
- Request-to-exit signaling switch: 250VAC, 1A, 22AWG wire leads on lever locks.
Electrically locked (fail-safe)
Electrically unlocked (fail secure)
Electrical Requirements for Solenoid Functions:
Voltage: 24 VDC regulated, filtered.
Current: 0.145 A.
UL and CUL listed for use on fire doors.
- Solenoids are rated for continuous duty.
- Repeated operation at voltage exceeding +/-10% is not recommended.
RX: Request-to-exit signaling switch.
Voltage: 250 VAC.
Current Rating: 1A.
Wire Leads: 22 AWG.
- A microswitch attached to chassis is activated by inside lever. The switch signals the lever use to security, allowing a means of immediate egress.
Certifications & Testing:
- ANSI/BHMA Certified to A156.2 Series 4000 Grade 1.
- Tested to 3.5 million cycles by an independent laboratory.
- Meets A117.1 accessibility code and ADA requirements for barrier-free accessibility.
- UL/cUL - UL 10C Positive Pressure.
- All C800 Series locks are listed 3 hour fire rated.
- Locks with 1/2" throw latch bolts are listed for A label and lesser class doors, 4'0" x 8'0" maximum per leaf.
- California State Reference Code (formerly title 19, California State Fire Marshal standard), all levers with returns, return to within 1/2" (12 mm) of door face.
Door Range: 1-3/4" - 2-1/4".
Backset: Standard 2-3/4" backset.
Certifications: Series 4000 Grade 1, UL Listed for 3-hour fire door.
- Storeroom (Storeroom Lock): Outside lever fixed. Entrance by key only. Inside lever always unlocked.
* For C800 Entry Locks Only:
Cylinder: 5-Pin, Schlage "C" Keyway (SC1), Keyed Different (KD).
- Pin & Tumbler (Standard)
Keying Options: See "Keying" for the following keying options on the C800 Entry Lever:
- Keyed Alike: 1 key works all locks.
- Master Keyed: Locks are Keyed Different (KD) with 2 keys per lock, 1 Master Key opens all locks.
- Construction Key: PK.