8500 - Electric Strike by HES
The 8500 Series is a fire-rated, compact, high performance electric strike featuring a unique concealed design for use with mortise locksets without a deadbolt. Designed for fast, convenient installation, the 8500 installs with little or no modification to the frame. Simply remove the existing strike plate, remove the dust box and install. Its strength is derived from a unique keeper pin locking design, enabling the 8500 to exceed Grade-1 ratings. This unique electric strike complies with NFPA 80-07 guidelines for retrofit into fire-rated frames. The 8500 accommodates mortise latchbolts up to 3/4" throw.
Features and Benefits:
- No cutting to the face of the frame.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Tamper resistant.
- Static strength 1,500 lbs.
- Dynamic strength 70 ft-lbs.
- Endurance 500,000 cycles.
- Field selectable fail safe/fail secure.
- Dual voltage 12 or 24 VDC/VAC.
- Metal or wood frame.
- Internally mounted solenoid.
- Accommodates 3/4" mortise latchbolts.
- Strike body depth 1-5/16".
- Plug-in connector.
- Full pocket shims for horizontal adjustment.
- Frame Application: Metal & Wood.
- Available in Satin Stainless Steel (630) & Bronze Toned (613) finish.
- UL 10C fire-rated, 3 hour single-door fire (fail secure only).
- CAN4-S104 (ULC-S104) fire door conformant.
- NFPA 80-07 compliant.
- UL 1034, burglary-resistant listed and suitable for outdoor use.
- ANSI/BHMA A156.31, Grade 1.
- NFPA-252 fire door conformant.
- ASTM-E152 fire door conformant.
- Patents: 5,934,720.
.24 Amps @ 12VDC/VAC
.12 Amps @ 24VDC/VAC
DC continuous duty/AC intermittent duty only
Fail Secure (Power-to-Unlock): Unlocked when energized. Locked when de-energized and during power failure.
Fail Safe (Power-to-Lock): Locked when energized. Unlocked when de-energized and during power failure.
LBM- Latchbolt Monitor: Monitors when the latchbolt is projected into the strike pocket.
LBSM - Latchbolt Strike Monitor: Monitors the locking mechanism in the electric strike is locked and the door will not open.
Faceplate Options - See "Companion Items" above.