EW8310 - Early Warning Electromagnetic Lock by RCI
The EW8310 is more than an Electromagnetic lock, it can also sense when an intruder is attempting to gain access into a building through a locked door. The patented built-in sensor detects attempted forced entry and activates a local and/or remote alarm prior to the integrity of the door being compromised; well before the break-in has occurred.
An alarm in the immediate location will ward off would be thieves before they have a chance to gain access. The light panel provides highly visible information related to the status changes of the door. For example, it works as a status indicator when the door is secure or notifies if an attempted break-in has occurred.
Applications: Used for Office Complexes, Government Facilities, Health Care Facilities, Airports, Museums and Galleries & Industrial Mall Complexes.
Features and Benefits:
- Built-in sensor will sound a local and/or remote alarm once door movement is detected - before the door has been compromised.
- Unique highly visible 'Red/Green' light panel indicates status of door (local).
- Built-in Security Condition Sensor (SCS) feature indicates that the door is closed, bonded and that the Electromagnetic Lock is functioning normally.
- Dry contact relay switching (SPDT and DPDT) provided for local and/or remote alarm monitoring.
- Auto sensing voltage form 12 to 24VDC.
- Up to 1200 lbs (540 kg) holding force.
- Low Profile Design.
- Nuisance delay feature accomodates accidental triggering.
- Brushed Anodized Aluminum finish (US28).
- UL Listed Auxiliary Lock for use on fire doors rated up to 1.5.
Plus! Standard MultiMag Features Included:
- Easy Installation:
- Adjustable keyhole mounting.
- Convenient plug-in wiring terminals.
- Easy-access wiring cavity.
- Encapsulated 4-bolt "Drop-Stop" mounting.
- Self-drilling tek™ fasteners.
- Low energy consumption.
- MOV surge protection.
Holding Force: [Up to 1200 lbs]
Electrical: Max 0.58A at 12VDC; Max 0.29A at 24VDC
Operating Temperature: +14 to +140F [-10 to +60C] Not for use in outdoor environments
Nuisance Delay: This feature is designed to accommodate accidental triggering. A pull to the door with a minimum of 55 lbs of force changes the light panel from green to red and triggers the local alarm relay. If the pressure is withdrawn within 4 seconds, the system will return to normal.
30 Second Alarm Period: If pressure on the door is maintained for more than 4 seconds, the remote alarm relay will de-activate, the local alarm relay remains on and the light panel continues to flash red. After 30 seconds, the local and remote alarm relay will remain in its de-activated state until the lock has been reset, but the light panel will continue to blink indicating an attempted break-in has occurred until reset.
Light Panel: This full length feature is a highly visible red and green status indicator.
Supplementary Sounder: An external alarm device may connected to pulse during the 4 second nuisance delay and sound steady during the 30 second remote alarm period.
Note: All installations must be approved by the Local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).