6451 - Exit Sensor Bar by DynaLock
The non-latching 6451 Exit Sensor Bar offers immediate "no prior knowledge" egress by pushing on the bar at any point, with 15 Lbs. or less pressure.
A light touch is all that is required to activate one or both internal optical sensors designed to detect an exit attempt. A built-in mechanical switch is also included as a redundant back-up release.
Dual sensors, fail-safe electronics and successful testing in excess of one million cycles offer the user unparalleled reliability and low maintenance costs.
Installation is simple. Complicated tune-in procedure and frequent call-backs for re-adjustment are not required.
* Note: All models for doors with 5/8" or less frame stop. Actual bar length is 2" less than width of door x 2-3/8" H x 2-7/16" D Distance between mounting holes is 2-3/4" less than width of door.
Features and Benefits:
- Optical sensing electronics controlling lock and signal functions have no moving parts to wear out.
- Built-in redundant mechanical switch for back-up release.
- No tune-in required - complicated calibration and fine tuning are unnecessary and return calls are eliminated.
- Three standard bar lengths are offered - bar may be field or factory cut to suit special applications (See CLC Option).
- Bar may be activated by anything - human touch, briefcase, cane, wheelchair, etc. will activate the 6451. Ideal for ADA compliant installations.
- Weather resistant electronics - conformal coated circuitry resists moisture damage.
- All-metal construction - the entire bar, including end caps, is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, offering high resistance to abuse and vandalism.
- Armored power transfer cord - furnished standard.
- Dual output standard - DPDT contacts provide lock control and alarm shunting capabilities.
- Built-in spike suppression - all input/output terminals are protected from line spikes.
- Variable input power - operating voltage 12 to 24 VAC/VDC.
- Architectural finishes - (US28) Satin Aluminum is standard. Entire bar is finished, including the end caps.
- Contemporary design - architecturally engineered to offer one of the lowest profiles in the industry.
- Unit is non-handed - suitable for LHR or RHR doors.
- Releases an electric lock when activated by any means including: Touch, Shopping Carts, Gurneys, Wheelchairs & Any other device.
Bar Length: 36" Door = 34" Overall Length
42" Door = 40" Overall Length
48" Door = 46" Overall Length
Bar Width: 2-7/16" Bar Projection: 2-3/8"
Operating Force: 15 Lbs. Maximum
Operating Temp: -10° to 120°F.
Life Expectancy: 1,000,000 Cycles Minimum
PUSH TO EXIT Engraved Signage (PTE): 1" high, 1/8" stroke, red filled.