EAX-500 - Battery Powered Door Alarm by Detex
The Detex EAX-500 Series is designed for applications requiring a battery-powered alarm on secured doors. The alarm, with approximately 100dB, will sound when an unauthorized exit occurs. The redesigned shape and smaller size of the EAX-500 makes it the ideal choice for quick and easy installations on emergency exit and restricted doors.
- Low cost, self-contained door alarm with piezo horn that sounds to warn unauthorized use of a door or gate.
- Secure, tamper resistant housing.
- Quick, easy installation saves time and money.
- Patented plastic template allows for foolproof alignment of internal magnetic door contact and accurate installation.
- Tapered cover allows for installation on narrow stile doors, 2" minimum.
- Intelligent circuit senses the external magnet location automatically and sets the correct door handing.
- Patented cam assembly automatically adjusts for different sizes of cylinders without use of spacers.
- Alarm can only be silenced by proper control key.
- Extended bypass (now a standard feature) allows alarm to remain bypassed when door is open and automatically rearm upon door closing.
- 100 dB piezo alarm.
- Modern graphics on cover to demonstrate key rotation and operation.
- 9VDC battery operated with Low Battery Alert.
- LED visual and audible arming indicators.
- Available in Grey (GY) finish.
Cylinder Cam: The Detex EAX-500 is sold Less Cylinder. The 1-1/8" Mortise Cylinder is required with standard cam to arm/disarm alarm. See "Companion Items" above for all Cylinder & Keying options.