72/40HB-40 - Anodized Aluminum Safety Padlock by Abus
ABUS offers suitable padlock solutions for every kind of safety application. Our 72 Anodized Aluminum Series is very light weight and can be engraved to personalize or number different locks.
Anodized Aluminum Series is made of lightweight premium aluminum with a high recycled content. It is non-magnetic and offers a very high level of corrosion resistance. Many different shackle lengths and colors are available for our aluminum locks. A safety lock that is designed for OSHA required identification - making it an ideal choice for Lockout/Tagout.
Lockout-tagout (LO/TO) safety procedures, as defined by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), require that lockout devices be durable and standardized. Lockout devices use color, warning labels or tags, and a physical barrier to temporarily prohibit machine operation or power activation, and reduce accidents, during maintenance or repair. Lockout hasps are often used to secure energy sources in the off position during maintenance or repair when multiple workers are on the job. They consist of one shackle that can be locked closed by one or more padlocks, providing the ability to use multiple padlocks in a place where only one shackle will fit.
Features and Benefits:
- Lightweight, anodized aluminum body is perfect for laser engraving.
- 6-pin cylinder offers maximum key differs and is non-key-retaining.
- NANO PROTECT™ coated steel shackle offers extreme corrosion resistance.
- Padlocks contain 78% recycled materials and are produced in a facility that achieved virtually zero waste to landfill operations in 2012 at a 98% diversion rate.
- FDA-approved lubrication is ideal for use in the food industry.
- Meets OSHA Lockout/Tagout Guidelines.
- Available in assortment of nine colors: black, blue, brown, green, orange, purple, red, silver, and yellow.
Keying Option: Choose between Keyed Different (KD) and Keyed Alike (KA). All 72 Padlocks come with 2 keys.
Shackle: Select Shackle Size -- 1-9/16" (72/40HB-40).
Bulk Discounts: For Bulk Discounts please call (1-800-676-7670) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Special Ordering: If you require the No. 72 Series Padlock keyed to an existing key number please leave a note in the Comments Box upon checkout (you can also immediately reply to the Confirmation E-mail with special order instructions).
Note: Abus carries a limited amount of key numbers for each padlock series. Please confirm with Abus (1-800-352-2287) if a specific key number is valid with this series. Most Abus key numbers cannot be matched with other padlock models.